Maintenance Technician II - Glacier Run Apartments
Company: Tarragon Property Services LLC
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Position The Maintenance Technician is responsible for responding
to maintenance requests as instructed by the Maintenance
Supervisor/ Manager or property staff, or as requested by residents
or vendors. This position ensures that the physical aspects of the
property meets the Company's established standards and any
applicable laws. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Schedules, monitors and/or performs preventative maintenance
and apartment turns.
- Diagnoses problems and repairs in the areas of HVAC,
electrical, plumbing, swimming pool, carpentry, dry walling,
exterior garages/carports and appliances.
- Ensures that work order requests are responded to promptly and
- Ensures residential units have been turned in a timely and
efficient manner, as well as determines if work has been completed
- Provides excellent customer service to prospective and current
tenants and promotes a quality living experience for all
- Provides on-call service when scheduled and performs emergency
maintenance work when required.
- Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and
cleanliness, and alerts Maintenance to items that need to be
- Assists supervisor with scheduling and communicating with
vendors and contractors.
- Assists supervisor with obtaining bids from outside
contractors, as well as oversees contractor work for
- Assists with purchasing maintenance supplies for the property
while staying within the planned budget.
- Accurately prepares and submits property invoices in accordance
with established guidelines.
- Communicates with supervisor regarding the overall maintenance
function of the property.
- Participates in Company-provided training such as fair housing,
safety, non-discrimination, and harassment prevention.
- Complies with all Company Standards, applicable health and
safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state,
and federal laws. Requirements:
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of previous experience in property management
maintenance, other building maintenance or related trade is
required. Skills/Specialized Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Ability to use a personal computer or other computer tracking
systems used at the property.
- Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax
machine, printer, copier, and key/Handy track system.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to
relate to others.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Comprehension of federal fair housing laws and any applicable
local housing provisions. Required Licenses
- Current driver license and automobile insurance. May require
one or more of the following certifications:
- EPA Certification, Type I and II.
- HVAC Certification.
- CPO certification (pool).
- Other licenses and/or certifications as required by state law.
- Must maintain professional appearance and comply with
prescribed uniform policy.
- Must comply with all safety regulations, including the use of
back brace, safety goggles and gloves when appropriate.
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis;
Overtime may be required for this position.
- Ability to work weekends and non-traditional holidays.
- Must be reachable via phone, text or email, except during
approved time off.
- Must be available to work on-call or when needed due to
- Some travel may be required.
- Some hand and power tools required Physical Demands
- Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of
- Frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, feeling.
- Moderate climbing, balancing, crawling, reaching, pushing,
pulling, lifting and talking, hearing, and smelling.
- Sustains substantially recurring movement to fingers, hands,
wrists, legs, and feet. Why Work for TPS?
- Health Insurance including Dental & Vision Insurance + FSA
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Support employee development and professional organizational
- We encourage career growth *Tarragon Property Services will
require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This
requirement extends to all exempt and nonexempt employees. Proof of
full COVID-19 vaccination by time of hire is a condition of
employment - not a condition of applying or interviewing for jobs
with TPS.* We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. PI177074845
Keywords: Tarragon Property Services LLC, Lakewood , Maintenance Technician II - Glacier Run Apartments, Professions , Puyallup, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!