In 2020, united in a fierce commitment to deliver the highest
quality care and exceptional patient experience, Virginia Mason and
CHI Franciscan Health came together as natural partners to build a
new health system centered around the patient: Virginia Mason
Franciscan Health. Our combined system builds upon the scale and
expertise of our nearly 300 sites of care, including 11 hospitals
and nearly 5,000 physicians and providers. Together, we are
empowered to make an even greater impact on the health and
well-being of our communities.
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the
future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That
means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to
home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly
specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs
with convenient access to the region's most prestigious experts and
innovative treatments and technologies.
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the
- Competitive starting wages (DOE) and training to grow within
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Sign on Bonus for experienced ICU RN External Candidates
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible health spending accounts (FSA)
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Care@Work premium account for additional support with children,
pets, dependent adults, and household needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Program
*** $5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS for fulltime Clinic Registered
Nurse positions *** (sign on bonus applies to external hires only
and must meet company guidelines for bonus payout)
Franciscan Medical Group, part of Virginia Mason Franciscan
Health is currently seeking a full time Clinic RN for our
Franciscan Urology Associates in Lakewood, WA. We are a fast paced,
procedure based clinic with a strong team environment. No weekends,
nights or holidays required. Free Parking!
This job is responsible for providing professional nursing
services which focus on the provision of quality patient care in a
clinic setting consistent with Virginia Mason Franciscan Health
standards/values, applicable regulatory requirements an Franciscan
Medical Group (FMG) Scope of Practice policy. An incumbent is
engaged in direct care of clinic patients, including assessing,
coordinating, triaging, evaluating and delegating work to members
of the patient care team, and for providing education and
consultation with patients, families, physicians and other staff
members in implementing appropriate nursing interventions for
optimal patient care.
Work is performed under standards of safety and care that
provide instruction/guidance for taking care of issues and patient
needs in the absence of a physician/provider. Work requires the
application of judgment and critical thinking skills in making
decisions regarding patient care (within the scope of practice),
including knowledge and integration of available standards,
resources and data, and in the efficient utilization of
staff/resources. Work involves continuous contact with
physicians/providers, patients, patient families, community
agencies, patient care staff and management. An incumbent is
accountable for the quality of care provided to patients, and has
the authority to direct care, provide education, and delegate
If assigned to the centralized FMG Float Pool, an incumbent
provides patient care services within scope of practice to the
assigned clinic/work unit as needed to meeting staffing needs.
*RN-Clinic Specialty title applies only to employees assigned to
the VM OB Clinic.
- Delivers professional nursing care to clinic patients; performs
diagnostic testing and related clinical procedures to appropriate
level of training/scope of licensure and established procedures;
independently triages nursing situations in accordance with
standing orders/protocols; addresses more complex, urgent or
emergent situations escalated from other clinic staff.
- Administers patient medications per written provider order;
tracks and logs medication usage per established policies;
inventories counts of controlled substances.
- Assists with point of care testing (CLIA-Waived Tests only)/lab
tests following established protocols/instructions.
- Documents procedures and interactions in patient's electronic
medical record in accordance with established procedures; enters,
pends and signs orders as appropriate.
- Prepares patients for practitioner visit; rooms patients,
obtains and records vital signs and other appropriate information,
such as height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and
presenting problem; chaperones and documents the patient exam,
ensuring patient privacy and comfort.
- Organizes exam rooms, including general cleaning, upkeep and
re-stocking of supplies; prepares, cleans and sterilizes
instruments and maintains related equipment.
- Cultural Sensitivity and Competence: Demonstrates proper use of
communication tools/materials for/effective communication and
understands how the culture(s) of patient populations can
communication, collaboration and the provision of care,
treatment and services. Patient Population Served:Demonstrates
knowledge and proper skills associated with the department's
defined specific populations served.
Performs related duties as required.
Education/ Work Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing approved by the
Washington State Board of Nursing.
- One year RN work experience in a clinic setting OR two years of
acute care RN work experience preferred.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the Washington State
Board of Nursing.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS Certification.
- If assigned to the Float Pool, current driver's license and
ability to drive to assigned location(s).
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.