Investment and Funding Manager
Company: Columbia Banking System, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for all investment management activities in
compliance with bank objectives
- Responsible for ensuring the investment policy meets the needs
of the bank
- Manage the bank's investments to meet its obligations under the
Community Reinvestment Act
- Manage, in cooperation with Human Resources, the bank's
investments in corporate life insurance
- Develop and report on the investment portfolio's
- Assist with forecasting the cash and liquidity needs of the
bank to ensure there is sufficient liquidity to meet operational
and regulatory requirements
- Monitor outgoing and incoming cash activity
- Responsible for raising additional funds through the issuance
of debt or wholesale deposits
- Negotiate with banks, credit rating agencies and other
institutions and maintain effective relationships with the
- Track securities and other financial assets pledged as
collateral to secure funds
- Assist in the development of asset liability management
strategies that consider inherent risks of the balance sheet
- Collaborate around critical issues in balance sheet
- Execute on the investment, funding and derivative side of any
- Participate in the development of deposit pricing/volume
strategies by membership in ALCO and related committees
- Ensure governance framework for the investment portfolio,
funding and cash transactions is maintained and complies with legal
and regulatory requirements
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the
performance of their assigned duties. Internal control
responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures
and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 5 years of fixed income portfolio management experience,
preferably in a bank or other depository
- Prior experience in asset liability management and working
knowledge of Bancware, QRM or Empyrean
- Experience with Bloomberg and/or other fixed income
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Mathematics or complementary
- MBA or Master's Degree in Finance or CFA designation a
- Excel and MS Office expertise
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search
firms. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Columbia
Bank's Talent Acquisition team to submit resumes, and then only in
conjunction with a valid fully-executed written requisition
contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.
Resumes submitted to any Columbia Bank employee by a third party
agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed
requisition search agreement, will become the sole property of
Columbia Bank. Columbia Bank will not pay a fee to any Agency that
does not have such agreement in place. No employee outside of
Columbia Bank's Talent Acquisition team has the authority to enter
into a requisition search agreement.
Keywords: Columbia Banking System, Inc., Lakewood , Investment and Funding Manager, Other , Lakewood, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!