In Home Care Supervisor Lakewood (Korean/English Speaking)
Company: Korean Women's Association
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Under immediate supervision, has general responsibility for
supervising and coordinating the daily activities of home care
workers (aka Caregivers) and office operations. The primary goals
of the In Home Care (IHC) Supervisor includes the scheduling of
client services in an appropriate and timely manner, orientation
and obtaining client authorization of home care services before
implementation, and the maintenance of regular contact with clients
to insure superior service delivery and response to client needs
and desires relative to client home care plan of care (service
Essential Duties and Responsibilities MUST SPEAK KOREAN &
- Supervising and coordinating the daily activities of home care
workers and office staff:
- Schedule/assign home care workers to clients;
- Supervise home care workers and office staff;
- Complete home care worker and office staff evaluations
according to organizational policy;
- Schedule and conduct client orientation according to
organizational policies and procedures;
- Assist in developing, planning and conducting orientation and
training programs for home care workers and office staff. Ensure
required training documentation is kept current;
- Conduct home care workers' and office staff meetings;
- Maintain a standby name list for available substitute home care
- Respond/resolve client, home care worker and office staff
complaints and issues;
- Processes disciplinary action where appropriate in conjunction
with Human Resources;
- Process home care workers' electronic timekeeping for payroll
in a timely manner;
- Maintains personnel records for home care workers and office
staff according to organizational policies; and
- Reports, investigates and completes required documentation for
workplace accidents in accordance with organizational policies and
- Scheduling and maintaining of home care services to
- Make emergency arrangements for clients to include notifying
AAA Case Manager;
- Respond to family and/or consumer, clients and community
- Report all unusual occurrences regarding client care to
- Correspond/communicate as necessary with DSHS Case Management
- Computerize all necessary client data in a timely manner;
- Manage and keep current client case files, documenting all
information regarding client care on daily manner as
- Conduct home visits and telephone contacts to clients according
to organizational policies and procedures; and
- Conduct and report annual client and case management
- Advocate/outreach/recruit clients for home care services.
- Represent KWA internally and externally on committees and work
- Where applicable, liaison to community agencies.
- Attend required training and meetings.
- Have company provided cell phone with them at all times to
address emergent client/ and/or home care aide issues requiring
Position Requirements and Qualifications
- Must pass criminal history and reference checks;
- Valid/current driver's license and auto insurance is
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, WORD,
- Ability to work with people of diversity;
- Bilingual in Korean, as office needs dictate.
- Educational Level
High school diploma, GED or foreign equivalent. Some college
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff.
- Experience or on-the-job training in providing services to the
elderly and/or disabled preferred.
- Working Conditions
- Environmental parameters:
- Ability to work in an office environment; and
- Ability to drive to different locations.
- Physical Demands:
- Type: sedentary work ability to perform administrative
- Ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a
negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move an object.
- Work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve
walking, standing, bending, twisting and driving.
- Full time position working 40 hours per week.
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking, to define
- Ability to collect data;
- Ability to establish facts and draw valid conclusions;
- Ability to solve practical problems; and
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, verbal, diagrammatic or schedule form.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand or communicate in
English (Vietnamese or Korean, as needed) sufficiently to perform
the duties of the position;
- Ability to record and deliver information;
- Ability to speak distinctly and listen carefully in order to
communicate effectively on all levels;
- Ability to draft work related documents;
- Ability to log in data and draft data summaries;
- Ability to answer inquiries from participants; and
- Ability to follow rules and policies of the company.
- Administrative Detail:
- Ability to complete forms, record and locate data accurately;
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and accurately
- Motor coordination:
- Ability to accurately reach, feel or handle equipment used in
- Finger dexterity:
- Ability to pick, pinch or otherwise work with fingers to
operate above equipment.
- Manual dexterity:
- Ability to seize, hold, grasp, turn or otherwise work with
hands to operate above equipment.
- Near vision:
- Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
- Mid-range vision:
- Clarity of vision at distance of more than 20 inches and less
than 20 feet.
- Far-range vision:
- Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more.
Note: The requirements for this position are indicative of the
physical and mental capacities needed to satisfactorily perform the
duties for the position. Reasonable accommodations, as required by
the Americans with Disabilities Act will be granted wherever
possible. The above job description is not comprehensive. The job
responsibilities may include other duties. This job description
also does not constitute an employment agreement between KWA and
the employee. KWA may change the job duties as it determines to be
necessary or useful to meet its needs.
Keywords: Korean Women's Association, Lakewood , In Home Care Supervisor Lakewood (Korean/English Speaking), Other , Lakewood, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!