Company: CHI Franciscan St Clare Hospital
Posted on: June 8, 2021
CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with
competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals,
health care services, and medical providers delivering
compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We
are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest
not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our
patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual
support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part
approach - physical, emotional, and spiritual - is essential to
healing the whole person. Come join our team!
- This position is responsible for providing care to the patient
who is hemodynamically compromised and requires monitoring of
multiple systems and/or nursing interventions every two to four
- Work is performed under standards of safety and care that
provide instruction/guidance for taking care of issues and patient
needs in the absence of a physician. Requires the use of judgment
and critical thinking skills in making decisions regarding patient
care (within the scope of practice), including knowledge and
integration of available standards, resources and data, and in the
efficient utilization of staff/resources.
- Work involves continuous contact with physicians, patients,
patient families, community agencies, patient care staff and
management. An incumbent is accountable for the quality of care
provided to patients, and has the authority to direct care, provide
education, seek resources at the unit/department level, and
delegate appropriate tasks.
- Provides continuous cardiac monitoring, arrhythmia recognition
- Initiates and titrates cardiac related infusions.
- Provides post procedure care and monitoring.
- Manages patients with temporary pacemakers.
- Manages patients with acute respiratory compromise.
- Adheres to the department's and hospital's policies and
procedures, including safety, risk management and regulatory
standards. Keeps abreast of trends, developments and regulatory
requirements impacting matters within designated scope of
- Administers, oversees and documents the administration of
medications (e.g., topically, orally, intramuscularly,
subcutaneously and intravenously) as ordered by the healthcare
practitioner and in accordance with hospital policy.
- Assesses patient to include physical, psychosocial, cultural,
behavioral/emotional, developmental and spiritual needs. Gathers
data relevant for patient care. Implements appropriate patient
interventions and evaluates outcomes. Plans care appropriately
based on needs identified during initial and on-going assessments.
Provides holistic, comprehensive, and professional nursing care to
patient within the scope of practice. Implements appropriate
patient interventions and evaluates outcomes. Prepares patient for
discharge and assists with coordinating post discharge needs.
- Cultural Sensitivity and Competence: Demonstrates proper use of
available communication tools/materials for effective communication
and understands how the culture(s) of patient populations can
affect communication, collaboration and the provision of care,
treatment and services. Patient Populations Served: Demonstrates
knowledge and proper skills associated with the department's
defined specific populations served.
- Demonstrates competent professional practice and engages in
opportunities for professional growth. Demonstrates self
accountability to meet stated deadlines for all mandatory
- Documents care delivered and patient status utilizing the
nursing process in accordance with FHS standards of care, for
example, changes in patient condition, patient responses to
intervention and reassessments of pertinent findings. Receives and
assures appropriateness, accuracy, timeliness and execution of
- Identifies opportunities for, and participates in,
performance/quality improvement activities to improve clinical
outcomes, healthcare delivery systems and address patient
safety/satisfaction and cost containment.
- Incorporates critical thinking into daily practice as
demonstrated by quality of care provided, transfer of knowledge,
follow through and patient outcomes. Leads, coordinates, and
communicates the ongoing delivery of patient care services provided
by members of assigned patient care teams(s); considers patient
acuity and the competencies of care team members in delegating and
assigning work and in adjusting assignments as necessary; assesses
and monitors team performance to ensure the quality of care
provided is consistent with the FHS standards and regulatory
requirements. Coordinates nursing care and advocates for patient
needs so that all appropriate disciplines are informed of and
participating in the plan of care.
- Prepares patient for examination/procedure. Routinely explains
delays. Assesses, monitors, and intervenes as indicated during and
post examination or procedure.
- Provides health care education and guidance to patient and/or
families. Educates regarding results, findings and diagnoses to
patient and/or patient's family within scope of practice.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- One year of related work experience in an acute care setting is
- Possession of a BSN degree is preferred.
- Previous PCU/ICU experience preferred, or
- 1-2 years med/surg experience, or
- New graduate with completion of senior practicum in a specialty
area i.e.: Critical Care, ED, PACU or
- For those with no previous PCU/ICU experience, must
successfully complete the PCU residency or the critical care
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse issued by the
Washington State Board of Nursing.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare BLS
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or attainment within 6
months of hire.
- CCRN/Certified Neuroscience Registered Nurse (CNRN)
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Keywords: CHI Franciscan St Clare Hospital, Lakewood , RN PCU, Other , LAKEWOOD, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!