Company: Columbia Banking System, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide oversight/expertise for Technical Writing department
- Manage Technical Writing and provide vision and direction to
all functional areas of responsibility
- Develop, implement and monitor procedures in regards to area of
- Ensure policies and procedures are in compliance with
- Ensure internal auditing requirements are enforced
- Suggest innovative solutions to identified procedures and
system-related processes that are not performing at maximum
- Promote teamwork and collaboration across all business
- Participate in various projects and perform other duties as
- Engage employees to assist with various
projects/responsibilities at the Corporate level
- Provide training/mentoring to employees
- Works with key departments throughout the organization to
ensure messaging is accurate with Bank and industry rules,
regulations and trends
- Develops, writes and revises a variety of technical
specification materials, including but not limited to, policies,
procedures, forms, quick-reference guides, webpages and articles.
Format may be print or electronic
- Project management of materials produced, providing regular
updates to stakeholders on status. Responsible for developing and
maintaining a tracking system.
- Keep current with technology trends as they relate support
documentation. Evaluation and suggest enhancements to gain
- Acts a resource for publications produced by others to maintain
consistency and accuracy.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the
performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control
responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures,
and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications, Marketing or
Business - or equivalent job experience.
- 6+ year's technical writing experience Building Project
Management, Editing, and Technical Writing skills
- Financial industry experience in both lending and deposits
- Supervisory or Management experience
- Demonstrated strong Project Management, Editing and Technical
- Project Management, Editing and/or Technical Writer
- Banking/Finance background preferred
- Demonstrated ability to create or revise technical/support
documentation with multiple stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Ability to manage time to ensure that projects are delivered on
time and meet or exceed expectations; ability to take initiative on
a given task or project and persist with it to completion.
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Demonstrated strong experience in document formatting,
reviewing, editing and proofreading
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in and ability to understand and
communicate within a technical or specialized subject matter,
particularly as it pertains to bank systems and the banking
- Superior communication skills. Must be comfortable engaging in
a variety of different communication modes (verbal, non-verbal and
written) and at all levels of the organization. Strong active
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively develop relationships.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced use of programs in Microsoft Office Suite (such as
using formulas or pivot tables in Excel; styles and content
controls in Word)
- Demonstrated deep experience with software used in
- Demonstrated deep experience with web design/HTML editing
- Demonstrated experience in creating forms with form fields,
- Demonstrated experience using SharePoint
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search
firms. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Columbia
Bank's Talent Acquisition team to submit resumes, and then only in
conjunction with a valid fully-executed written requisition
contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.
Resumes submitted to any Columbia Bank employee by a third party
agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed
requisition search agreement, will become the sole property of
Columbia Bank. Columbia Bank will not pay a fee to any Agency that
does not have such agreement in place. No employee outside of
Columbia Bank's Talent Acquisition team has the authority to enter
into a requisition search agreement.
Keywords: Columbia Banking System, Inc., Lakewood , Manager-Technical Writing, Other , Lakewood, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!