Counter Sales Representative (19671-376)
Company: Building Materials Holding Corporation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
If you'd like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced
organization, BMC is the company for you! Military and Veterans
encouraged to apply.
Do you have what it takes? (click here) OR check us out on
At BMC, the dedicated Counter Sales Representative is
accountable for assisting customers and contractors by providing
quotes and product dimension information, both in person and over
the phone, while maintaining the company standards of excellent
customer service. They will also be required to handle special
orders and advanced pricing.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding product selection,
placement of orders, requests for prices and quotations, complaints
and scheduling of deliveries and installations, and providing
- Initiate telephone calls to customers to generate sales to
achieve a projected sales goal.
- Represent assigned outside sales representatives during their
absence from the office.
- Handle telephone calls, writes orders, resolves problems, and
relays any information for those individuals.
- Provide accurate and complete material take offs of
single/multiple family home projects.
- Provide technical assistance to drafting and engineering as
- Analyze and size various lumber products using appropriate
- Coordinate purchase and delivery of special products. (Obtain
information on pricing specifications, uses and a
- Code and input customer orders, pricing information and
additional data into the computer system.
- Create accurate and complete invoices, work orders, and sales
- Maintain stock levels on the sales floor and in the
- Operate and balance cash register daily.
- Research credits, returns, and late payments as needed.
- Work with outside sales representatives to ensure customer
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma.
- Ability to operate computer, calculator & cash register.
- Knowledge of building materials, applications, related
equipment, and/or construction industry.
- Good interpersonal and customer relations skills and excellent
oral and written communication skills.
- Should be familiar with inventory and inventory control.
- Must be able to drive and walk throughout yards, plants and
- Minimum Experience: 2 years in building material industry with
extensive knowledge of product and application.
Keywords: Building Materials Holding Corporation, Lakewood , Counter Sales Representative (19671-376), Other , Lakewood, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!