Job ID: 84623
Location: Lakewood, WA
Entity: Behavioral Health -Greater Lakes
Category: Behavioral Health
Specialty: Not Applicable
Department: Admin BHS
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: Variable
Greater Lakes Mental Healthcare Main Building is a full-service
community mental health center, providing behavioral healthcare to
the citizens of Pierce County for 50 years. We are conveniently
located near the intersection of Bridgeport and Gravelly Lake Drive
at 9330 59th Ave SW in Lakewood, WA. Greater Lakes serves over
10,000 individuals each year with a team of over 300 staff. Our
modern professional clinic provides a comfortable setting for
counseling and medication services.
Position Summary & Mission
Join our dynamic team as we assist children, adults and families
at the Child and Family Services in their personalized journey
toward recovery and wellness. Our teams provide individualized,
person-centered clinical case management services including
therapy, child and family teams, psycho-education, groups,
educational and/or vocational support, outreach, crisis
stabilization, and assistance with medical, community and natural
Our friendly and professional therapists' partner with clients,
their families, and significant others in obtaining, maintaining,
and using appropriate mental health and community resources.
Together we focus on helping clients attain their goals, providing
hope and motivation, as clients heal and develop resiliency. As a
Therapist 2 at Greater Lakes you will provide counseling to help
clients re-establish self-identity, sense of purpose and meaning in
their lives, which may include developing plans for school, work
and/or volunteering, and making community connections.
* Use effective clinical skills to assure appropriate
* Complete all clinical and administrative documentation in a
timely, accurate manner
* Helps clients attain their goals, providing hope and
motivation, as clients heal and develop resiliency
* Manage all clinical and documentation functions in ways that
meet department productivity goals.
* Masters degree in a mental health related field, which
included a clinical internship plus 2 years experience.
* Eligible for the DOH Agency Affiliated Counselor
* Must have experience in the provision of mental health
services to children.
* Familiarity with the DSM-V and ability to apply diagnostic
* Ability to develop and implement treatment strategies tailored
to individual client needs.
* Ability to collaborate, consult and communicate effectively
with community partners.
* Ability to maintain timely and accurate outcome-based
* Cultural competency
MultiCare is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.