Truck Driver (CDL Class A required)
Posted on: April 30, 2021
WHAT’S IN THE JOB
You’ll work side-by-side with a Driver Trainer to learn the
essential functions of the job including the accurate and timely
distribution of products to various customer locations, getting
exposure to warehouse and other operational functions.
WHO YOU’LL WORK FOR
- In this role, you’ll be directly hired by McLane and will enjoy
an awesome range of benefits from day one.
- McLane is one of the largest supply chain services leaders in
the United States. With 125 years of success, they deliver more
than 50,000 consumer products to nearly 110,000 locations across
PAY: Starting compensation
SIGN-ON BONUS: $5,000
SHIFT: various shifts
LOCATION: 9611 45th Ave SW, Lakewood, WA
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- Maneuver tractor into position to attach trailer and handle
lines to secure.
- Operate truck in a safe manner in compliance with all local,
state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Inspect tractor-trailer equipment for defects pre/post trip and
submit DOT inspection report indicating condition.
- Operate Driver Delivery Handheld (DDH), document delivery
receipts/product temperatures and exceptions.
- Inspect trailer to ensure product is secure for undamaged
transport of product.
- Maintain driver log (Manual or PeopleNet) according to DOT
regulations, documenting delivery receipt, product temperatures and
- Provide customer service including on-time delivery of
undamaged product, product returns and issuing valid customer
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Have a CDL-A license
- Be able to stand, walk, sit, climb, reach, bend, squat, and
stoop to accomplish the essential job functions.
- Be able to read and comprehend labels, instructions, and bills
- Be able to perform mathematical calculations to verify
quantities of product.
- Be able to communicate with customers, management, and other
- Be able to safely drive a tractor-trailer, use a 2-wheeled
dolly, ramp, and on board PeopleNet devices.
- Meet eligibility requirements in the McLane Transfer and
WE OFFER YOU FROM DAY ONE:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Company-paid life insurance.
- Industry-leading 401(k) with annual company match (starts on
your 90th day).
- Paid holidays, vacation time, educational assistance program,
WORK SAFE, HOME SAFE.
This is a motto at McLane. Your safety and ability to do your
job and get home to your family is why all prospective teammates go
through a pre-hire screening process.
HOW FAST IS OUR HIRING PROCESS?
Register your interest and you’ll be emailed the same day to
answer more questions about you. Questions are quick, simple and
you can answer everything from the comfort of your phone or laptop.
If it’s a good match, you’ll progress immediately to the next
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Shiftfillers, Lakewood , Truck Driver (CDL Class A required), Other , Lakewood, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!