Are you a team-oriented, culinary focused person with a positive
attitude? Then we want you on our culinary team! The focus of our
line cook role is producing high quality menu items, in a
detail-focused work environment based on established standards,
guidelines and procedures. Precise, consistent work output is
essential. This requires a high attention to detail and a
willingness to handle and complete one task at a time. The job
environment is fast-paced. Job knowledge and competency is built
through structured step-by-step training and positive, supportive
coaching from the food & beverage management team. Communication
with others is based on knowledge of repetitive job routines and
procedures gained from sufficient on the job experience.
Consistent, error free work based on the brand guidelines are key
measures of job performance success.
* A line cook is to prepare food, help the kitchen workers in
the preparation of food items and set up allocated stations for
menu, as instructed by Chef and compliant with standards.
* Prepare food according to food handling guidelines and cooking
* Measure and mix ingredients according to recipe or use record
to prepare and prep food items.
* Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line
stations to assure a smooth service period.
* Communicate and coordinate production with other cooks and
members of the food and beverage team.
* Possess knowledge and become familiar with all kitchen
* Adjust thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens,
broilers, grills, roasters, kettles, etc.
* Observe and test foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and
piercing with thermometer to determine proper preparation and
* Plate and proportion food and maintain consistency according
to presentation specifications, using records or specs.
* Label, date and rotate all stored food.
* Perform closing procedures including equipment maintenance and
shut off, cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen,
walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
* Other duties as assigned
Basic knowledge of methods and procedures related to food
service industry. Three to six months related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience